New Mexico to Deliver $52.8 Million in Food Assistance
New Mexico to deliver $52.8 million in food assistance
Benefits allocated for 91,460 children under age 6 in the latest P-EBT issuance
SANTA FE – The New Mexico Human Services Department (HSD) today announced families of 91,460 New Mexico children, ages zero through five, will receive additional food benefits this fall for the 2021-2022 child care and summer P-EBT programs on a gradual schedule.
The $52.8 million in Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) benefits will be issued to children under age six in families that were participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) between August 2021 and June 2022. For each month of P-EBT benefits available, the child also had to be enrolled in SNAP.
“The goal of this program is to provide good nutrition to New Mexican families when they are facing financial hardship,” said Angela Medrano, Deputy Secretary for the New Mexico Human Services Department. “We are working tirelessly to improve food security for New Mexico’s children.”
The P-EBT issuances will be distributed in monthly amounts on the following schedule:
- Benefits for August 2021 were issued between October 26 and 27.
- Benefits for September 2021 were issued November 1.
- Benefits for October, 2021 were issued November 2.
- Benefits for November 2021 were issued November 3.
- Benefits for December 2021 will be issued November 7.
- Benefits for January 2022 will be issued November 8.
- Benefits for February 2022 will be issued November 9.
- Benefits for March 2022 will be issued November 10.
- Benefits for April 2022 will be issued November 14.
- Benefits for May 2022 will be issued November 15.
- Benefits for Summer P-EBT 2022 will be issued November 16.
For questions regarding your child’s P-EBT card, please call the NM PEBT Hotline at 1-833-415-0569. If you need a replacement P-EBT card call FIS Customer Service at 1-800-843-8303.
Answers to other frequently asked questions can also be found online at: https://www.hsd.state.nm.us/lookingforassistance/p-ebt/